Lead Developer – Embedded Software
MasterSearch are currently working with a leader in sensor technology with more than 30 subsidiaries globally who focus on developing intelligent factory and process automation solutions.
My client is looking for a motivated and passionate Lead Developer to focus on forming, leading and developing software teams within embedded software, to help shape the future success of the development team and cross-location development projects.
Reporting line – Head of Research & Development
- Through the embedded development in our agile and interdisciplinary project teams and by being involved in all project phases, you make a contribution to the successful development of new encoders
- To have the technical management responsibility of the embedded software team, coach and support your team members and actively contribute to further the development team
- To be responsible for the future design of the embedded software development at the Berlin location
- You will work closely with lead developers in other disciplines and other locations
- You will define and maintain system requirements and translate product requirements into software requirements
- To use your embedded software expertise to develop technologically sustainable software concepts and architectures for new products
- Develop hardware-related software, from the hardware abstraction layer to application layer
- You proactively drive the further development of the cross-location development framework and the embedded software tools, e.g. requirement management, simulation, versioning, continuous integration and unit and system testing
- Graduate in technical Computer science, electrical engineering or comparable
- Several years experience in embedded software development for electronics or electromechanical systems is ideal
- You have previously development multiple (object-oriented) software architectures, design patterns and systems yourself and have an excellent knowledge of implementation along the entire embedded tool chain
- Excellent knowledge in programming languages C, C++, assembler and Python, experience in RTOS (e.g. Zephyr OS) as well as in the programming of microcontrollers (ARM Cortex (M0-M7)
- Experience in control engineering, signal processing (e.g. analog filter design), EMC and development of analog or digital circuits advantageous
- Confident handling of systems for versioning, continuous integration, unit / system testing and application lifecycle management
- Proven capability to lead, form and develop a software development team using both classic and agile development methods
- Strong communicator and ability to inspire / influence others in order to work together as a team
Fluent in German and English
Please send your application to Rhys Masterson on: email@example.com or call +44 207 101 9623.
Thank you for considering this opportunity. We endeavour to respond to all applications, on some occasions this is not possible due to the volume, in this situation we will keep your profile and contact you should a suitable role come available.
- Location: Berlin office or Home-office within Germany
- Salary: To be discussed upon application
- Industry: Electronics / Automation