Senior Application Engineer – Electronics & Software
MasterSearch are currently working with a global leading electrical, automotive and power management company with over 50,000 employees globally.
Our client is looking for an independent, strategic and organised Application Engineer to be responsible across their electronics and Software product group within Europe.
Reporting line – Application Engineering Manager
- To provide a high-level application support across the Electronic products, systems and subsystems within Europe with a main focus in Electronics and Software
- Drives the overall platform strategy to meet performance expectations and requirements
- Takes ownership for meeting defined platform sales goals. Prepares technical presentations to create platform understanding and awareness
- Provides technical input within sales proposals based on customer needs and expectations ensuring they match the capability and offerings. Translates customer drawings / specifications and written requests into my client’s products / systems. Advises and influences customers to create develop opportunities for my client.
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working with the sales team to build close relationships with key customers to enhance long term business prospects within the market place.
- Collects customer intelligence and monitors competitive market data to identify opportunities for new and extended business by recognizing and documenting these market trends for product management and engineering.
- Plans, organizes and manages projects to complete on time, working with other divisions to maximize corporate sales opportunities. Close collaboration with sales, product management and engineering departments to support all activities to increase sales and customer satisfaction.
- Applies product, runs final installation, data recording and troubleshooting.
- Plans and conducts product and system training courses, seminars, customer support at trade fairs and end customer presentations.
- Uses the company’s CRM for administration of corporate data, for the documentation activities, for production of sales leads and for explaining the activity history with customers
- Bachelor degree in mechanical, electrical or mechatronic engineering
- Ideally, 3 to 5 years’ experience in application support roles
- Knowledge and experience with AutoCAD and MS office
- Experience within Electronic Systems markets and applications, preferred but not necessary
- Ability to understand the process and control techniques, BUS technologies & systems, IPC & PLC as well as measuring technology
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convince and inspire others
- Demonstrate strategic ability and be independent, ambitious, resilient and a team player
Fluent in both German and English
Please send your application to Rhys Masterson on: email@example.com or call +44 207 101 9623.
Thank you for considering this opportunity. We endeavour to respond to all applications, on some occasions this is not possible due to the volume, in this situation we will keep your profile and contact you should a suitable role come available.
- Location: Home office within Germany
- Salary: 90,000€ + car
- Industry: Electronics