MasterSearch are currently working with one of the world’s largest manufacturers of air filtration solutions, who have warehousing and distribution facilities in over 20 countries globally.
Our client is looking for a result driven, problem solving Financial Accountant to be responsible for a variety of accounting functions of moderate to high complexity across the German and Austrian entities.
Reporting line – Group Controller
- Prepare monthly closing for Germany and Austria and inventory reconciliations based on timeline and guidelines provided by management; Inventory control, Maintenance of various accounting records, Identifies and resolves any accounting discrepancies
- Prepares and analyses balance sheet reconciliations as well as performing month end closing tasks of moderate to high complexity to ensure accurate, timely and complete management information
- Prepare, examine, or analyse accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to access accuracy, completeness, and conformance with reporting and procedural standards; Capital expenditure accounting, Preparing and determining monthly accruals, Preparing and posting manual journal entries, Preparation of recharge invoices to group companies, Preparation and postings of invoices
- Ensure the company is compliant with VAT Regulations
- Responsible for accurate preparation and timely submission of VAT filings
- Ensures VAT is correctly accounted for within the books of account and VAT control accounts are fully reconciled
- Handles correspondence with the VAT authorities on any issues impacting the VAT registrations
- Overseeing VAT payments & receipts, ensuring payments are made in a timely manner
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2+ years experience in relevant accounting or finance
- Proven understanding of relevant accounting standards and regulations (e.g. IFRS)
- Experience with German tax law is a MUST, experience with Austria tax law is a bonus but not necessary
- Must be a self-starter, results driven, and capable of working autonomously with limited support
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Able to work co-operatively in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to work towards deadlines
- Experience with SAP would be a plus
Fluent in German and Intermediate in English
Please send your application to Rhys Masterson on: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 207 101 9623.
Thank you for considering this opportunity. We endeavour to respond to all applications, on some occasions this is not possible due to the volume, in this situation we will keep your profile and contact you should a suitable role come available.
- Location: Mannheim area
- Salary: To be discussed upon application
- Industry: Industrial Manufacturing