Director of Operations
MasterSearch are currently working with a leader within the Connectivity industry for Industrial Machinery with over $10 Billion in revenue last year.
Our client is looking for a strategic, proven Director of Operations to be responsible for 15 plants globally within the Industrial Machinery Systems business unit.
Reporting line – Vice President of Operations
- Manage the team, (manage results oriented, based on strong KPI’s follow up, drive team spirit, coordinate transversal activities, lead the organisational change, increase the skill level of work force, build a work force with flexible skills to meet changing product needs, focus on employee satisfaction)
- Actively contribute to the professional growth of employees, identifying key players, proposing actions aimed at motivating key employees, Develop talents and future leaders
- Provide strong leadership to Functional Leaders, Plant Managers and Site Leaders in order to ensure proper performance of duties and achievement of assigned objectives
- Actively remove road blocks for Functional Leaders, Plant Managers and Site Leaders to help achieve their targets and goals
- Has overall responsible for the industrial Machinery systems operations strategies and footprint road maps – under strong and close alignment with the VP Operations and the overall Industrial Machinery business and operations strategies.
- Has overall responsibility for the Industrial Machinery systems footprint strategy including migrations, integrations of acquired companies and plant shut downs
- Has the overall responsibility to drive Flexible Automation to adjust the production equipment to the needs of low volume / high mix manufacturing
- To be responsible for the Industrial Machinery systems operations budgets and ensures these are in line with corporate regional and business unit guidelines
- Responsible for maintaining manufacturing sites quality policies and for increasing the plants quality performances to ensure customer satisfaction and continuous important of product and services
- To ensure safety and security of all employees in the manufacturing sites and ensures all corporate, regional and business units safety rules are followed
- Responsible to ensure all manufacturing assets and properties are maintained and utilised
- Ensure compliance with applications laws and regulations as well as all company policies and procedures
- Federate employees to feel part of one team. Energise and involve them to continue to make the company a great place to work
- Work in alignment with senior management to address works council issues and management staff issues related with IR and compensation and benefits perspective
- Bachelors degree education in electrical, mechanical or industrial engineering
- 6+ years experience in demonstrated process improvement success
- 5+ years experience in utilizing OpEx, Six Sigma and Lean tools / methodologies
- 10+ years of management experience – industrial industry preferred
- Strong analytical, strategic and tactical skills
- Problem solving attitude. Exceptional skills at organising and prioritising tasks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to form successful working relationships quickly at all levels
- Comfortable to work in a fast-paced, international matrix organisation
- Ability to quickly learn and familiarise him / herself with existing methods and practices and new concepts / ideas
Fluent in English
Please send your application to Rhys Masterson on: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 207 101 9623.
Thank you for considering this opportunity. We endeavour to respond to all applications, on some occasions this is not possible due to the volume, in this situation we will keep your profile and contact you should a suitable role come available.
- Location: Den Bosch area, Netherlands OR Frankfurt area, Germany
- Salary: 200,000€ + bonus
- Industry: Industrial