Country Manager – DACH
MasterSearch are currently working with one of the world’s largest manufacturers of air filtration solutions, who have warehousing and distribution facilities in over 20 countries globally.
Our client is looking for a hands-on and strategic Country Manager for the DACH region with a proven sales track record of growing a region within Europe as well as experience in implementing change management across a team.
Reporting line – Vice President of Sales & Marketing – Europe
- Responsible for developing and managing the DACH region business towards both the short term and long-term objectives
- Participate as a key member of the European executive sales team in total business strategy and tactical planning
- Development of new customers and markets as well as managing existing customer relationships for volume growth and overall profitability
- Understand product costs and margins and provide leadership in pricing strategies and price changes. Optimizes profit by product, by product group and by customer
- Maintain pricing integrity on a country by country level to drive market share and limit competitor’s market penetration
- Responsible for developing and executing effective sales strategies for existing and new markets, to include product and customer rationalization, channel analysis, market intelligence in existing and target markets and overall alignment with business team leaders on sales, inventory and operations planning
- Work with the entire business to identify and develop additional business opportunities for new product/new categories/new customers through effective collaboration with R&D, Marketing and Manufacturing
- To collaborate with Marketing on branding to increase the awareness of the company as a quality supplier in all of the business categories to support a future pipeline of new business and continuously enhance the product and service reputation
- Enhance reputation and value with customers and distributors by providing leadership in category development strategies and programs
- Responsible for taking the lead in developing a collaborative and successful sales team with current members and facilitating the professional development of individual sales professionals
- Responsible for effective development and execution of sales plans, achievement of sales targets as well as applicable market monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Coordinate with Sales team and Manufacturing in the development of accurate sales forecasts and inventory control
- Bachelors degree education in business administration, engineering or similar is ideal
- Understanding and experience with high value-added product selling, pricing, negotiation and channel management. Experience in making a transition from a product sale to a solution sale
- Proven experience in building strong international and remote sales teams
- Possesses a natural way of influencing, both internally and externally. A master at diplomacy and has excellent listening skills, yet without lacking in leadership to drive team forward
- Solid regional sales track record within a European market. Understands the importance of the local culture while maintaining a global vision and key account management system
- Strong communicator with the ability to sell both products and value concepts at various organizational levels
- Be able to synthesize various input and ideas into relevant and clear strategies and secure buy-in from diverse international teams in order to implement them
- Must understand the importance and role of “brand” in building a profitable business
- Strong P&L management capability and a history of delivering on expectations for growth and profitability must be demonstrated
- Experience in providing strategic direction for the development of target marketing and promotional campaigns designed to achieve specific growth objectives
- Team player with functional disciplines such as marketing and manufacturing
Fluent in German and English
Please send your application to Rhys Masterson on: email@example.com or call +44 207 101 9623.
Thank you for considering this opportunity. We endeavour to respond to all applications, on some occasions this is not possible due to the volume, in this situation we will keep your profile and contact you should a suitable role come available.
- Location: Mannheim area
- Salary: 140,000€ + bonus + company car
- Industry: Industrial Manufacturing / Filtration