MasterSearch are currently working with a market leader in 3D optical surface profiling and thin-film thickness measurement systems who is part of a larger group providing industry-leading equipment for several applications.
Our client is looking for a highly-organised, detail-oriented, team playing Applications Engineer, with proven experience in optical metrology.
Reporting line – Applications Manager
- Understand customers’ characterisation requirements and provide solutions using the companies various optical, stylus and interferometry-based techniques
- Conduct product and measurement demonstrations
- Define, prepare and present quotes to customers and close sales opportunities efficiently
- Supports sales and product management as the key expert and provide technical phone support and training for installed systems
- Participate in industry tradeshows
- Assist with business development, qualifying new applications, markets and customers
- Author white papers, product applications notes and technical paper for conferences
- Analyse offerings from competition and understand our driven
- Successful degree in one of the following fields is preferred; Physics, Optics, Opto-Mechanics, Physical Chemistry, Electrical Engineer, System Engineer
- Experience in customer-facing role ideally related to thin-film deposition, metrology or surface characterisation but not required
- Good understanding of optical properties of materials and other forms of elastic / inelastic light-matter interaction is preferred
- Ability to deliver effective technical presentations and product demonstrations to custoemrs
- Excellent problem-solving and resolution skills along with attention to detail
- High initiative and drive – ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented atmosphere
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and self-management skills
Fluent in German and English
Please send your application to Rhys Masterson on: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 207 101 9623.
Thank you for considering this opportunity. We endeavour to respond to all applications, on some occasions this is not possible due to the volume, in this situation we will keep your profile and contact you should a suitable role come available.
- Location: Home-office Munich
- Salary: To be discussed upon application
- Industry: Optical Metrology